Expertise in the intersection of entertainment, technology and business.
Skills achieved in the film & digital for feature film, commercials, documentaries and music videos.
Consultant for post-production systems, quotes, reservations, sheets, managing director and general manager.
Camera assistant and photographer.
Film editor assistant, film editor, post-production management, technical director, project manager, post-production supervisor, DI supervisor, VFX coordinator, VFX supervisor, VFX producer, VFX executive producer, on set supervisor, director for commercials, art director, CGI/VFX director and creative director.
- Knowledge of editing and management of the post-production in feature films, advertisings, documentaries and music videos.
- Analogical film process skills and forerunner of the digital process.
- Creative and technical skills.
- Management of a VFX projects , form the idea to the execution.
- Management of the technical-artistic staff .
- Excellent communication and staff management skills.
- Ability to guide and lead a team getting the best result.
- Deep understanding of all aspects of film theory.
- Great aesthetic sense
- Precise prevision of the time and costs associated with a project.
- Problem solving
- Management of the the bidding and negotiation processes.
- Post-production pipeline, techniques and software.
- Development of story and storyboard.
- Consulting to the Art Director in the conception phase of the commercial.
- Consulting to the director and DOP about the shooting with VFX.
- Animatic, pre-visualization
- Set extensions and matte painting
- Digital animation
- Visual effects
- 2D/3D Tracking, Compositing
- 3D stereo
1992 – Today
CEO RUMBLEFISH VFX
ROLE: general manager, senior editor & editing supervisor, post-production supervisor, post-production & DI supervisor, creative executive producer, VFX executive producer, VFX supervisor and VFX creative director.
TASKS: management and supervision on the creative and technical execution of the advertising and film projects, from the idea to the production (editing, color correction, 3D stereo, CGI and VFX).
- Restoration in 4k of the film “Juliet of the Spirits” by Federico Fellini – Film Restoration Supervisor (2015)
- Restoration in 4k of the film “The Terrace” by Ettore Scola – Film Restoration Supervisor (2015)
- Nomination at the David Donatello for Best Digital Effects “Greenery will bloom again” (2015)
- Post-production executive producer and DI supervisor – “Our host Planet” by Ermanno Olmi (2015)
- Post-production executive producer and DI supervisor of Maccio Capatonda's first film “The average Italian” (2015)
- first Italian film fully realized in 4K from 35mm negative (“greenery will bloom again” by Ermanno Olmi – 2014)
- Restoration in 4k of the film “Soap thieves” by Maurizio Nichetti - Film Restoration Supervisor (2012)
- first feature film in 3D stereo in Italy (Ligabue “Campovolo” – 2011)
- unique in Italy to have a Barco 2K projector (2011)
- first to work with Raw files with Nucoda Fuse (2011)
- first short film in 3D stereo (Il Volo – 2009)
- creation of a pipeline in 2K/HD DPX/LOG (2009)
- first San in Italy (DVS – 2009)
- nomination at HPA Hollywood for outstanding color grading television (4 single fathers - 2009)
- first color grading system NLE in Italy (Da Vinci Resolve – 2009)
- first film scanner in Italy (Arriscan – 2008)
- operations partner to launch the All music channel (2006)
- first to create a Volkswagen auto in CGI (VW Polo – 2006)
- operations Sky partner to launch Sky Sport and Sky Cinema channels (2003)
- first HD feature film (Scacco Pazzo – 2003)
- nomination at the David Donatello for the Best Editing (Honolulu baby - 2000)
- first digital intermediate film in Italy (Honolulu baby – 2000)
- first commercial created in live action/CGI (Loacker - 2000)
- collaborates with MTV Italy creating the figure of the “designer” for television (1999)
- collaborates with Discreet Logic to develop Flint and Flame software for the compositing (1992)
2014 – 2016:
Collaborates with the Experimental Cinematography Centre in Milan as Professor of visual effects, teaching production, editing, color grading and post-production.
1989 – 1992
ROLE: editing consultant, demo artist and trainer.
TASKS: evaluation systems, software development & fixing bugs, exhibitions NAB & IBC , IBTS.
NLE OFFLINE SOFTWARE: Avid, EditDroid, EMC2, Montage, FilmLight
NLE ONLINE SOFTWARE: Discreet Flame, Softimage DS, Quantel Harry, Henry, Matrox Studio
3D SOFTWARE: Microsoft Softimage, Alias, Wavefront.
PAINTING/COMPOSITING SOFTWARE: Softimage Eddie, Discreet Flint, Parallax Advance/Matador.
MAIN CUSTOMERS: Techexport, Avid technology
1983 – 1992:
CONSULTANT ART DIRECTOR FREELANCE
ROLE: Art director
TASKS: Conception of advertising campaigns and director.
MAIN ADVERTISING: Golia “Orchestra leader”, Sangemini, Viva la vita, Boario, Selvaggia Shoes and Parmalat Mister Day.
AGENCIES: Michele Rizzi&Associates
FILM PRODUCTIONS: Primo Piano
1983 – 1992:
FILM EDITOR FREELANCE
ROLE: editing in Moviola 35MM–16MM– VID MC (1989)
TASKS: post-production management, bookings, quotations and final balances.
EDITING - 35/16MM FLAT TABLE, AVID MC: editing video, ADR/dialogue editor and sound FX editing.
EDITING FILM LAB: offline for negative cut, Truka data sheet, color correction in film grading, visioning standard copies in projection and color correction in Telecinema.
AUDIO: voice casting, sound design and sync audio, dubbing director and mix supervisor.
FILM PRODUCTIONS: Primo Piano, Filmmaster, Brw, Multifilm , Cooper Group and FH.
KEY FACTOR: first Avid editor in Italy (1989)
ROLE: assistant editor in Moviola 35MM–16MM
TASKS: cleaning Moviola, sync audio and second assistant editor.
1979 – 1982:
COMPANY: Green Movie
ROLE: assistant film editor/film editor in Moviola 35MM – 16MM
TASKS: post-production management, supervising, quotes, reservations, cost estimation and sheet.
EDITING: editing video, ADR/dialogue editor and sound FX editing.
FILM LAB: offline for negative cut, Truka data sheet, color correction in film grading, visioning standard copies in projection and color correction in Telecinema.
AUDIO: voice casting and management, sound design and sync audio, dubbing director and mix supervisor.
FILM PRODUCTIONS: Film’77
COMPANY: Studio 2B
ROLE: Assistant photographer in studio and camera assistant at the newsreel camera.
TASKS: case holder and camera assistant.